Cleaning Your Glass Pool Fence
Glass pool fences are growing in popularity as an elegant safety barrier that allows you to maintain clear views of your backyard. Many people worry that a glass fence will require frequent, intensive cleaning. Surprisingly, glass fencing is actually one of the easiest types of fencing to maintain!
Because the panels are fitted above the ground, the buildup of dust and debris around the bottom of the glass is eliminated. The stainless steel clamps are resistant to corrosive, wet environments and will not rust or rot over time. Unlike other types of fencing, no sealant, paint, replacement or upkeep is required.
We recommend cleaning the glass panels every 10 weeks to extend the life span of your fence and keep it looking like new.
Here are some cleaning tips:
- Do not use glass cleaners, which may leave residue on your glass pool fence. Tempered glass is very different from other type of glass. The best (and cheapest) cleaner for this particular glass is simply warm water and liquid dish soap.
- Use a sponge or soft microfiber cloth to apply warm soapy water on the glass just like you would when washing dishes.
- Use a normal hose to rinse off the soap suds.
- Afterwards, leave it to air dry or use a squeegee to remove the remaining water.
- Hard water spots on the glass can be removed with a 50/50 solution of water and vinegar.
- For railings and posts, wipe clean with a damp soft cloth or sponge. If your rail or post is powder-coated and has a stubborn stain, use methyl-based mineral spirits to avoid damaging the coating.
To reduce cleaning even further, you may consider EnduroShield. This easy clean protective coating “creates an ultra-long lasting invisible shield on all glass, ceramic tiles, grout, stainless steel, and chrome surfaces, reducing cleaning time by up to 90%. EnduroShield protects against staining, build-up and etching caused by soap scum, body oils, salt, chlorine spray, dirt and grime.” EnduroShield is a permanent coating that can be applied during installation of your glass pool fence.
Who knew that maintaining such an elegant product could be so easy?